NORTHWEST PLACEMENT, INC. (NWPI) is a placement company, licensed by the Philippine Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE). It is one of the pioneers in the overseas contracting and employment in the Philippines.
Organized in 1974, NWPI has grown today to be one of the top producers of the industry. In 1984, the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) officially awarded NWPI as the top placement agency in the country, in recognition of its having deployed the highest number of Filipino contract workers in 1983 and 1984.
NWPI started in the business by pioneering in the deployment of the Filipino nurses to the United States under the Exchange Visitor’s Program and eventually the H-1 (Working) visa. Subsequently, NWPI began tapping the Canadian and European market, and made in the roads in Vienna, Austria, Ireland and the United Kingdom for nurses, midwives, auxiliary personnel and hotel workers.
In 1974, NWPI deployed its first batch of construction workers to the Middle East, followed by Medical Personnel, Hotel and
Maintenance Workers. At present, NWPI supplies Filipino Contract Workers to the United States, Guam, United Kingdom, Ireland, Asia and the Middle East. Since its organization, its has placed more than 50,000 professionals, technicians, skilled and unskilled contract workers in various lines of work such as:
• Medical Services
• Hotel and Restaurant Management
• Construction and Maintenance Workers
• Sports and Recreation
• Computer and IT Services
• Catering Services
• Operations and Maintenance Workers
• Teachers and Caregivers
NWPI a service-oriented company, has pledged to cooperate with the government in maintaining the Philippine position as a major source of quality manpower and for this purpose, it maintains a high caliber pool of candidates ready for deployment. Our sourcing of applicants is by:
• Advertising in the local print media
• Advertising in the local radio stations
• Maintaining a pool of consultants (Engineers, Nurses, Doctors, and Hotel Management Specialists) who are on call to screen, interview, provide trade test and finally shortlist qualified personnel as required
• Replenishing its manpower pool of ready-to-leave contract workers.
• Distributing flyers
At The Helm
Caroline R. Rogge PhD, is the President and General Manager of Northwest Placement Inc. She has developed this small pioneering venture into one of the leading manpower exporters in the Philippines. .
In recognition of her long and active involvement in the overseas employment industry, Dr. Rogge remains a Director-Member, Board of Trustees – representing the private Management Sector of the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA), an attached agency of the Department of Labor and Employment. Today, her dynamism and concern for personalized service brings her around the world several times a year to keep abreast with the developments in the international labor market; acquaint prospective clients with manpower search services; and visit worksites of NWP-placed personnel.
Track Record of Excellence
NWPI's track record is the evidence of its capability. It was cited by the Department of Labor and Employment of the Philippines as the top placement company in 1983 for its record deployment. NWPI has maintained it prominent position in the DOLE's ranking system for the past 29 years.
It extensively advertises in media, thoroughly screens suitable candidates through meticulous interviews, rigid trade testing and proper medical examination.
We, at NWPI deploy selected workers promptly and maintain a large pool of highly qualified manpower.
The continuing demand for our recruits is a clear proof that our classification standards meet the strict requirements of our clients in many parts of the world.
The most commonly cited qualities of our recruits include the following:
- They're well experienced.
- Well-accustomed to Western and Eastern styles of management
- Adaptable, disciplined and hardworking even under tough conditions
- Highly educated and fluent in the English language, thus ensuring easier supervision
- Physically and mentally fit to perform assigned tasks
To date, NWP has executed service contracts with a good number of foreign clients in various lines of endeavor. Correspondingly, thousands of Filipino Professionals, Construction and Maintenance workers have been sent to different companies to the following countries:
- Asia – Hong Kong
- Africa - Angola
- Europe – Austria, Ireland, Italy, United Kingdom, West Germany
- Middle East – Saudi Arabia, Abu Dhabi, Bahrain, Jordan, Kuwait, Oman and Dubai
- Americas – California, Florida, Illinois, Georgia, West Virginia